HELP US HELP YOU
Do your homework before getting hold of us.
- Visit our pricing page to understand your publishing-investment
- Read our FAQ pages to answer questions you might have.
- Know what help you need. We can help you with a variety of publishing services. It will really help us if you have done some research here before getting hold of us.
- Read over this list of the most commonly-made mistakes self-publishing authors make. Here is a second article on common publishing-related mistakes.
- Please treat communication with us in a professional manner, rather than Whatsapp, send a simple and summarised email detailing the help you need.
How to submit:
- Have your manuscript ready in the right format. We prefer your manuscript to be sent in MS Word, Adobe InDesign or PDF only if you don’t have the first two formats. Larger files can be shared with us using services like Dropbox, Google Drive or WeTransfer.
- Understand the typical process for a self-publishing author. Decide on the specific services that we can help you with. Each step of the way will have its own fees and lead times as described on our service page.
- Fill out our contact form and make sure to attach your (MS Word) manuscript.
WHAT WE DON’T DO
We are not a free service. We are a digital startup passionate about empowering authors to self-publish. We need to charge fees and turn a profit to be able to help even more authors.
We don’t traditionally publish. This means that all our services are once-off charges, no publishing contracts or messy paperwork. We don’t take commissions from your royalties – it’s 100% yours (up to 70% with Amazon!) and you own all copyright on material we help you create. And the most important part of all: you are published in weeks instead of months or years.
We won’t critique your manuscript. This is a job of an editor. We will never tell you that you are not good enough, we help every author to create the most professional book possible. Period.
Most of our business is conducted online. Due to the number of authors we help, we cannot meet every author in person. We specialise in creating and publishing eBooks – this is a process that is ideally suited to a digital conversation. Don’t be upset if we cannot meet you face to face, especially if you live in a different country.
(aka… the big boss)
My name is Dave and I wanted to personally welcome you to the MYeBook self-publishing platform!
I founded our startup back in 2012 when the publishing industry was in the midst of digital upheaval. I noticed that the digital-shift in publishing had taken hold in other continents, but Africa had yet to benefit from the self-publishing revolution. My goal from that day forward became to empower authors, poets and industry professionals to make the world of the eBook, a less scary one.
Over the last few years, my team and I have been lucky enough to help thousands of writers from across the globe realise their goals. By providing professional publishing advice and assistance to authors, we have been able to empower and support self-publishing author-preneurs.
I am looking forward to publishing your (polished) book together. See you on the shelves of Amazon!
(aka… the brains)
Hi! I’m Sonia. A few years ago I found my way to Dave when I published my first book. Pretty much from that moment onwards, I became a part of this dynamic team and I’ve loved every second of it.
I am a life coach and author, with an extensive background in business and brand development. My passion is the written word and how to showcase all its various mediums across the global platforms. Being an author I am also intimately familiar with the agony, frustration, and soul-wrenching pain involved when writing books, and so I also act as a shoulder to cry on when our authors are having bad days. All in a days work!
Welcome to the family and we look forward to walking this journey with you.